Do you consider yourself a good person?
I mean, if you haven’t killed anyone or done any major sins, that makes you a good person, right? Well, not really.
Let’s do a quick test.
1) Have you ever stolen anything? A pencil or your sister’s shoes? Maybe taken something that wasn’t yours without asking? Well, I know that I have, and that makes me a thief. A thief? Yes, I am a thief—sadly.
2) Have you ever told a lie? You bet, I have! I am ashamed at the lies that I have told—even recently. Well, that makes me a liar.
3) Have you ever dishonored your parents? Well, I have…goodness.
Here are three sins that I have committed and they’re not that bad. So would you think that I am a good person? I would have to say that…no, I am not a good person. I have sinned…many times.
God is a righteous judge who cannot tolerate sin in our lives.
The bad news is that we are doomed (Romans 3:23 & 6:23), but the Good News is that there is a way to salvation! We don’t have to spend eternity in hell, separated from God, but we can spend an eternity with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. (John 3:16)
How can that happen?
Well, there are two things you must do.
1) First you must repent of your sin. What that means is that you must turn from your wicked ways and purpose in your heart that you will no longer sin willfully or desire to do the sins you once did. You cannot do this alone. That is why there is a second step.
2) The second step is to put your faith and trust in Christ Jesus. Jesus can help you turn from your sin. He can give you the strength you need. Now, if you place your faith in Christ Jesus, you shall be saved!
Wow! How does it feel to be a follower of Christ?
Send Joy and me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and tell us the good news of your salvation. Once you are a follower of Christ, it is your duty to tell others! 🙂 Thank you for letting me share my heart with you. Joy and I are praying for you!