Has there ever been a time when you felt as if you couldn’t pray? A time when you were down and out?
Maybe you felt all alone with no one to help you. In times like these, we tend to forget about our Savior. But in the times when we are lonely, we have a God who loves us and cares for us. He is there with us.
This month we celebrate an important holiday. The holiday is Easter. As a Christian, I celebrate the resurrection of Christ. It is the day that Christ broke the chains of death and opened the door for salvation! We should rejoice during this holiday, because Christ is alive!
One of my favorite songs to sing during this season is “Up From the Grave He Arose”. It is a powerful reminder of Christ!
This is a new season, a new beginning, and a wonderful reminder to resurrect our prayers.
I am excited to share with you some creative ways to reopen your prayer life and begin again with Christ.
1)Pray scripture–We are supposed to find encouragement and prayers in the Word of God. So open the Word and begin to pray. A good place to start is Psalms.
2) Find a partner–Find someone you know who is a strong Christian and ask them to pray with you. This can be a huge asset to your prayer life!
3) Ask for wisdom and words to say–The Bible says that if we ask we will receive. Ask for God to open your heart to know what to pray.
4) Take a nature walk–Out in nature, It’s easy to find the words to say. God has created the world for us to enjoy, so take time to enjoy nature by praying as you walk. I love to do this.
5) Start a thankfulness list –Ah! This one will help you to realize exactly how awesome God is. He has blessed us all in so many ways with talents, people, and even life’s pleasures! So take time to be thankful!
6) Pray for struggling friends and family–when you pray for others, you tend to be more in tune to the Lord. Sometimes all we need is to get the focus off of ourselves.
What a great theme, I’m definitely looking forward to the posts on that topic and I loved the ideas you mentioned. 😀
Awesome! Blessings on you, Miss Olivia! ~Peyton
Beeing able to talk to our Lord is so wonderful! And listening to what He has to say and obeying is what will bring us closer to Him.
Thanks for sharing! Taking a nature walk is something I love; We can always rejoice in God´s creation. Hugs!
Glad that you found this post a blessing! Thank you for sharing your thoughts as well! ~Peyton
Hello! I’m new here! I really like your tips! And this song! I remember singing it at our old church 😀